Thread: Test Question
View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 27, 2005, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MWI
On Part I of the NFHS test I put the following and missed any help please.

#41 F - The ball becomes dead when an officials whistle sounds for a player-control foul by an airborne shooter even though the ball is in the air ona try for goal

My reasoning is ball is dead once the player control foul is committed, not the sounding of the whistle.

#81 F - Once the ball has been released by the thrower, opponents may break the throw-in boundry plane

Ball has not been released on a throw-in. If after a made basket A2 steps out of bound to receive a pass from A1 (along the endline), B can not reach accross.

96 - T - It is a violation if A1 leaves the floor for an unauthorized reason.

97 - F - No violation occurs when B1 uses his/her thigh to intentionally deflect a pass by A1.

Kick is any part of the leg or foot used to intentioanlly deflect a pass. Correct.

99 T - It is a violation if in A's frontcourt, A1 passes to A2 but A2 fumbles the ball into A's backcourt where it remains untouched for 10 seconds.

There is still team control and no team can have the ball for more than 10 seconds in their backcourt?

100 F It is a violation if A1 on a throw-in, passes to A2 who deflects the ball from A's frontcou=rt to A's backcourt, and it is first touched by A3

There is not team control on a throw in.. so A has not had ball in the front court yet...

All help is appreciated as I am trying to get better..

Looking at my test I am not sure what you did

#41 is true- how do you know when a player control foul happens unless the whistle blows. (there aint no foul unless you call it)

#82 is a true statement- take a look at 6-3. You are correct but the implication in the question is that they may the throw-in not a pass to a team mate OOB (throw-in must be made directly in bounds unless it is after a scored basket)

96 is T
97 is F
99 is T
100 is F

Sure you did nt do something funky with the Scantron?