View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 27, 2005, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Been there, done dat.

Trail just after a TO. Ball stolen on the throw-in. JR, showing remarkable agility, pivots and heads t'other way while watching the dribbler. Fails to notice cute l'il cheerleader come a coupla feet out on the floor and bending over to pick up some loose pompom strands(cheerleaders were on the sideline in front of stands because there was no room at the ends ). JR now goes over the cheerleader and does 3 1/2 flips in the pike position with a degree of difficulty of 4.7. Luckily JR landed on his head, so he wasn't injured.

The cheerleader got a standing O.

I have 4 stories about these.

My really athletic moment:

Loose ball, 2 kids dive and slide right at me. I jump they go by and I stick the landing. Phone book vertical and zero hang time is greatly aided by self preservation and bringing up your knees.

Cheerleaders:

1. Had a partner get kicked going the other way after a made goal.

2. Bust out with very little room on the end line and I pivot and back out and pin a cheerleader against the wall. I hear the air go out of her and I held her up for a couple of seconds and when I stepped up she slid down the wall.

3. One of her sisterhood got revenge a few years later when I backed out as lead after administering a FT. The cheerleaders were lined up doing the hurdler stretch and the girls on the end were not as far back as the ones in the middle. I stepped on a leg pulled up my foot, got tangled and fell.