View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 26, 2005, 06:24pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Clarification

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Durkee
BktBallRef,

I don't mean to be a jerk, but are you suggesting that we need the casebook and interpretations just for officials who don't understand the rules and their applications?
You said that, not me. I suggested nothing of the kind.

Quote:
My point is that officials who have been around for five or ten years may remember interpretations and situations that the Federation never included or has phased out of their casebook.
Case plays aren't removed from the Case BOok unless the rule changes. I have Case Books going back 15 years and they have the saem plays in them that are in the present version, plus what's been added since.

Quote:
For officials taking their first test (closed book for IAABO) or even for those taking their second or third test (open book in New Hampshire), how are they suppose to know all of the not-currently-in-print interpretations? How can I know them so I can teach my students?
Well, I apologize Rick. I guess I don't know how to explain it clearly enoungh. But I stand by my previous statements, whether I was able to effectively communicate them to you or not. Your question sat unanswered for almost 6 hours. I guess others had difficulty answering it, too. Bottom line, I don't believe there are in rules that aren't found in the book.

Quote:
Originally posted by pinchmaster
C'Mon fellas, all officials know theres no backcourt violation on a throw in, no matter where you stand or jump!
Exactly what are you trying to say? Are you saying that it's legal for A1 to inbound the ball to airborne A2, who jumped from the FC and then passes to A3 in the BC?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith