View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 23, 2005, 08:46pm

Garth, since the post was not adressed to anybody in particular, why did you take it so personally? I could wear a mask or a helmet, without getting mad either way. I don't think anybody is trying to force helmets down your throat here, Garth. Like I said before, my helmet gives me such great vision that I can see Uranus! And I may switch back to a mask, because believe it or not folks, helmets make you sweat more!

Even with Coolmax, 3appleshigh. I work in 80 to 100 degree heat all season, and the sweat just pours off my head with the helmet. A hat does a better job of absorbing sweat. With a regular mask, I never had to towel off between innings.

Garth, while you are very fortunate not to have to work with overhead fencing, here we cover over 80 high schools, and there are many that have such fences. Many have them because their ballfields butt up against neighborhoods, and they were insisted on by the residents. Others play their home games at municipal recreation centers, where overhead screens are standard fare. Most youth ball fields use these type of fences come to think of it.

I wouldn't worry too much about the availability of regular masks in the future. Companies like +POS, Gerry Davis, and Honigs won't let the mask become extinct.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25