View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 23, 2005, 06:50pm
Official Forum Member

Charlie O'Brien

Was the first, being up in Toronto, he saw many a hockey goalie and thought it could be converted to baseball, he worked with a company and they produced the All-Star mask, He started wearing it and it has quite quickly caught on. It is a much safer option, as well as reducing the strain on the neck.

The larger view is an improvement, it is not important or nessessary, but it is an improvement. Since much if not all of what we do is based on site why not consider an option that improves it? Just saying I don't need it is not simply a good enough reason to shrug off the idea of the mask as stupid for any sane individual. However what we often deal with here are egomaniacal Umpires rather than sane individuals. People with a nobody's going to tell me I'm worng, or that some thing is better that what I choose to wear, I am all knowing and all seeing. There are actually people on here who will QUIT the profession simply out of SPITE. If what you say is true that the helmet is no better than the mask, tell me why it is worse. Why is it so bad that were you unable to get what you have been used to that you then need to never again put the blue shirt on and call a game. Who are the silly ones now?