View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 21, 2005, 10:23pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
1. B-1 Reaches through the plane of the boundary line and fouls thrower-in A-1. Official charges B-1 with an intentional personal foul and issues a warning to team B. Is the official correct?

2. While A-1's try is in flight, A-2 fouls B-2. The try is successful. Team B is not in the bonus. Official rules team B's throw-in is a designated spot throw-in. Is the official correct?

3. A-1's try hits the ring and bounces straight up in the imaginary cylinder above the ringt livel, when B-1 touches the basket. Official rules this basket interference. Is the official correct?

4. B-1, while playing the ball causes excessive contact. Official rules this an intentional personal foul. IS the official correct?

5. A double personal foul is charged while team A is in countrol. Official awards the ball to team A nearest the spot of the foul. Is the official correct?
Ok, I will give this a shot. LOL This shoudl be good.

1. I think it's dumb to charge both. In fact, as soon as the defender crosses the plane, the official should blow it dead for the warning. Then if there is contact, it has to be a T. So either penalize just the intentional personal, or not havethe possibility of an intentional personal. Since that is not true, you only penalize one. I say the official is wrong.

2. I say No. I believe the Fed wants to not take away B's chance to run the endline.

3. No BI. With the ball in the cylinder, you can't touch the ball. When the ball is touching the rim, you can't touch the ball, net, rim. or flange.

4. Yes.

5. By the strictest definition, the game was interrupted where A had the ball. Throw-in from there.