View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 05, 2001, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve M
As for complicating things, I think it simplifies them. Most of us doing ASA ball also do high school and we've used one or the other pullover with gray slacks fr some years now. So, the vast majority of us already have all the different combinations. While I realize my van is a bit extreme, I carry all uniforms and all gear all season long. I also have three sets of drawers full of the different T-shirts, socks, hats, and all sorts of stuff.
I'm not included in your "vast majority." HS games around here are in the mid-afternoon & I am at my "day job."

If the ASA is trying to accomodate umpires who call other organizations, I have a message for them: I don't appreciate having to double up on my uniform expenses to accomodate other organizations -- or for that matter, to accomodate someone's fashion taste.

Speaking personally, I prefer the dark blue shirt + gray pants look. I suspect some of the attraction is the similarity to the old MLB umpire's uniform. Does this mean we will be moving to cream / green-gray / black in a few years? Then what'll we be called - "Hey, beige, ... "

I'm OK with a transition to a common uniform to accomodate our Fed colleagues - 1 style shirt, 1 style pants; Just give me a couple of years to get suitable use out of my current shirts, etc. But two of both? What's the point of that?