View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 21, 2005, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

I usually like his explanations, but yesterday he was out of control. (Not to mention his selection of shortsleeves to show off those biceps in the frigid weather probably hacked off his crew!)

"We have a personal foul, roughing the passer, on the defense, number 54. The defender contacted the quarterback, causing him to fall to the ground. By rule, this is a personal foul. (Really, Ed? By RULE? Did we need the extra description - wasn't this a typical RTP?) We also have a personal foul on the offense, number 48, for a late hit, after the play was over (Ed - when else could a late hit occur?). By rule (again with the by rule? Should we infer that if you don't say "by rule", you're making things up on your own?), a hit after the play was over is a personal foul. (Ah, good - cause I didn't get that from the first sentence). By rule (Good grief), these fouls offset. It will be 1st and 10 for the offense (Oh, so in this case, it's not 1st and 10 for the DEFENSE?!?!?! Thanks for that helpful tip)."

I had to rewind and play it over and over to make sure I caught all the extraneous explanations. By rule, I'm required to not omit any words.