View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 16, 2005, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

I havent read all of the replies, so please excuse me if I am doing any repeating. I have intentionally not looked in any of the rule books, therefore my opinion is simply that....and one of reaction.

I would have a tough time giving a T for this situation, although I must admit I would have to be there to be 100%. However, the point of the game is to score points......and the team/coach that ALLOWED the other team to do just that without playing any D is their right......and putting myself in a situation where I am attempting to control crowd behavior and reaction is something I would consider dangerous, to say the least.

Let's look at this from another angle......

One team is winning by alot of points, and the coach decides to put in the crowd favored scrub ( every team has one, admit it ). The team does everything that it possibly can to get this player the ball so he can score....and the crowd cheers and laughs when he does.

In my opinion, THAT situation would be far worse than the one initially described.....salt on the wounds, so-to-speak.

Very interested in the opinion of others on this one!!

Savaahn