View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 15, 2005, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dakota
Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
New rule involving DQ or ejected “participant". This participant must leave the grounds or the game is forfeited. Please note, the term “grounds” is already in the existing rule and does NOT endorse forcing such a coach/player to actually leave the property, but to remain away from that field and other participants involved in the same game. It is not stating that a youth player be sent to the parking lot or other remote area without adult supervision – so far approved by at least four committees.
Quote:
I don't even understand the rationale for this rule. Is this mandating leaving the grounds, or broadening the class of individuals that may be ejected (i.e. "participant")
As the rule presently stands, a coach, DQ or ejected, may still be in the dugout which means they can still coach. Sort of defeats the purpose of the DQ or ejection.

I think it needs to be all encompassing or the umpire may run into a semantical battle of arguments and protests. Point is to not do anything to get DQ or ejected.

[Edited by IRISHMAFIA on Nov 15th, 2005 at 11:48 AM]