View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 14, 2005, 05:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
TH,

I have shown you the rules that I feel illustrate why the term "moving screen" should not be used. When I look in 4-27, 4-40 and 10-6, for some odd reason I do not see the term "moving screen" used one time.
And I've shown you the rule that illustrates why the term "moving screen" is perfectly legitimate.

Quote:
SECTION 39 SCREEN[/b]

ART. 6 . . . When screening an opponent who is moving in the same path and direction as the screener is moving, the opponent is responsible for contact if the screener slows up or stops.
In the definition of "Screen", it describes a screen that is moving. Seems to me, that's a moving screen. If you don't feel it should be used, knock yourself out. Just don't try to convince us that moving screens are not defined in the rules. [/B]
I am not trying to convince you of anything. If you want to use the term use it. There is a reason why you live on the East Coast and Tony lives in North Carolina and I live in Midwest, specifically in a metropolitan area surrounding Chicago. In the associations I belong to, they do not use those terms for the very reason I stated earlier. Also in the mechanics book there is no such thing as "moving screen" when you report to the table what kind of foul you have called. So if you think there is no confusion with the term, why would I give a damn if that is what you use? This is one of these agree to disagree moments.

Peace