View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 04, 2005, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Palmeiro wasn't thrown to the wolves, Palmeiro did all the damage to himself. Palmeiro was the one who sat in front of Congress shook his finger and testified "I have never done steroids".

You don't think that little finger waving incident in front of Congress had anything to do with this do you?

I would have a little more respect for Palmeiro if he actually owned up to doing the steroids instead of continuing to deny that he add anything to do with taking steroids.

Palmeiro is getting everything he deserves!

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Steroids or not, I think Rafael Palmeiro was thrown to the wolves by MLB. They wanted to show how well their new policy was working. They got a 500 HR and 3000 hit man whose career was never really in the spotlight. He was in the twilight of his career, and there was nothing really left to lose.

I'm sure they handle Barry Bonds with kid gloves. The reason being is he sells tickets. I imagine a lot of dirt has gotten swept under the carpet with the new testing program.

Palmeiro was one of the real class guys on the field and off of it. He gave back to his community and never asked for any credit in return. He was one of the few that cared. I just hate to see him remembered for this. I'm waiting to see who the next fat cat will be who they catch.

Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates