View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 01, 2005, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gordon30307

A week or so ago (and I'm paraphrasing) Ozzy was talking to the media and the subject of Dusty Baker came up. Ozzy was basically saying that Baker, when hired, was looked upon as the best thing since "sliced bread" and now he's stupid and doesn't know what he's doing.
If you had been paying attention, Ozzie said this because after years of defending Dusty, who had been criticized by Cubs fans and media alike, Dusty turns around and tells people that if the Cardinals or White Sox were in the World Series, there's "no way in hell" that he'd support either one of them. Real classy, Dusty. As a fellow member of our association and a longtime Cubs fan told me, "Dusty's a tool, and yes, a classless idiot to boot."

Quote:

One more thing you might want to call Jerry up and ask him what would you rather have. 82 dates of the park filled to 99.9% of capacity or half empty (Blue Collar guys and gals of course) seats except when the Sox play the Cubs. Jerry's a bottom line and I think you know the answer.
So then it's better to have a park filled to capacity all the time than to have it half empty with a World Series championship? Unbelievable. No wonder you guys won't ever amount to anything more than some tourist hangout for the unemployed, Wrigleyville boys, and other mindless drunkards that frequent that baseball shrine.

I said it before, I'll say it again, I'd take a park that's empty all season long over one that's packed if the former comes with a World Series championship. Anyone who would settle for something else is simply a fool.