View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 31, 2005, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I will say that I try to keep on eye on the foul count if it's up there. But I couldn't care less if the score is correct on the scoreboard.
I expect at the level you work, it's not usually a problem. At lower level games, you really have to watch closely. The table people are either new, completely indifferent, or busy with other things. If the scoreboard is wrong, it triggers parents and coaches (and sometimes players) to start yelling. Then even if the book was right to begin with, the bookkeeper gets confused. If you see that the scoreboard is wrong, you can get it fixed right away. If this happens a couple of times in the first quarter, or the first half, then when you're down to the wire, you've got the bugs out of the system. Assuming you have the same table people for the whole game.
I'm with you. I'm a scoreboard watcher - also a clock watcher, shot clock watcher, possession arrow watcher, foul count watcher, table watcher, coach watcher, player watcher. Like you, I care that the scoreboard is correct, because if it's not then 1 of the crew will be responsible for fixing or not fixing it.