View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 31, 2005, 03:22am
Official Forum Member

I am going to tell you that the rules committee did a poor job of writing this rule..

What does it mean that "play is resumed by a FT or throw-in when the stoppage occurred during this activity?"

Are you telling me that because a double foul happens during a FT (once the ball has been released on the last shot) that you give it back to the team and have them shoot it again?...(
remember FT try does not end until it is sucessful, when it is certain it will be unsuceessful,or whn it touches, the floor, a player or it becomes dead)..

So by this logic until the FT ends you redo the FT when the stoppage ocuured during this activity. No way! no how!

So what is the definitonal difference between a shot taken and a ball in flight on a throw-in.

I believe that 4-36 b in the rule was written to deal with the double garbage that occurs while the ball to be put in play by a FT or throw-in (I want to say a dead ball but this would not quite exactly true)

If the double foul occurred up until the time the FT shooter releases the ball, we would blow it dead and resume with a FT. I believe this would be the same on a throw-in.

This is different than a pass mid air from A1 to A2 where there is team control.