View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Well, IMO I worked a HS game with a college official once and he told me during the pre-game that "we are going to officiate this like a college game. If they take it to the basket and get fouled (his exact words) and the basket doesn't fall then we have a foul. If the shot goes, then it isn't a foul."

I didn't agree and simply called the same game that I had been calling since I the beginning of the season.

I think that some of the collegiate/pro officials may do some things like this example which in turn makes their association black ball them or make them choose between one or the other. I am not classifying all officials that do college and HS like this as I know there are many of you that do both and I am sure that you all do good jobs. But, there is one for sure that I know of that wants to incorporate college mechanics/calls with HS mechanics/calls. They are two completely different games.