View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 24, 2005, 09:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dewey1
M&M it was the second of back to back nights that the two teams played each other, so there wasn't a lot of love lots. But nothing was really unusual or chippy but this had a very slight edge to it.

I guess the question is WHEN does A1's T occur? Like I say I wasn't sold on the attempted dunk call but it to me it was more unsportsmen like to continue to play after the whistle. If A1 did not do that I do not believe B2 would have done anything. But if B2 doesn't grab A1 I don't know if we have a T on A1, unless he does try and dunk the ball. It was a wierd play.

Looking back I think similateous T's is the right call but man is that a lot of explaining to coaches. Double T's and cancelling the shots was a REALLY EASY SELL and everyone GOT IT. Plus one of my mentors likes to say "don't call things you have to explain". I know that isn't a hard and fast rule but I have found the less time I spend explaining calls the better my games go.

Anyways thanks for the feedback and hopefully I don't have that again.
I've seen enough players continue on after the whistle, and usually it's nothing, other than "Knock that sh!t off, and give me the damn ball." Or something like that. But you said this game, or at least this play, had a slight edge to it, so I think it's a good idea to send the message to the players that this, or anything worse, won't be tolerated. Like you said, the simultaneous T's were easy to explain, neither team acquired an advantage, and everyone got the message. I'm not sure you or your partner would get too much flak, if any, from a supervisor for handling it like you did.

(Used with permission.)