View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 24, 2005, 12:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by goldcoastump
In the Ga. NFHS sectionals this weekend I had a pitcher that was replaced, she pitched her 5 warm-up pitches and she told me that she had lost her contact. We looked but were unable to find it. The coach then wanted to replace her but the opposing coach came out of dugout and said the the pitcher had to pitch to one batter first. I remembered reading in the rule book that this was not the case. I allowed the new pitcher but now I cannot find it in the rule book can anyone help? Hope I was right.

You were correct. Skahtboi gave the reference point. The NOTES under 3-3-2 are

1. The pitcher is no longer required to pitch until the first batter facing her has completed her turn at bat or the side has been retired.

2. A pitcher may be removed as a pitcher, move to a different defensive and return as a pitcher only once per inning provided the return as a pitcher does not violate either the substitution or charged conference rule.

Which sectionals did you call? I was at Lovejoy, (class A North). Had a blast. My first plate was a perfect game by Gordon Lee, 21 up, 21 down, 17K's. I had 2, hour ten plate games, the shortest of any of my crew! I am still rubbing that in!