View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 24, 2005, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SeanFitzRef
Quote:
Originally posted by jritchie
can't see the lead calling the sideline up to the free throw line extended.....who is watching the post...you have a trail over there to take care of that...i do think they do something like that in women ncaa though, not sure!! i have heard something about it! i've never done it so don't know if it would be better, but doesn't seem like it, because you would have to rely on knowing your partner has switched from sideline to post when you switch from post to sideline... kinda crazy to me!!!!
But in two-whistle, lead is responsible for the sideline on OOB calls, so why wouldn't that happen? It just seems logical to expand the area, although it would have to be discussed thoroughly in pre-game meetings. Seems L would have to slide further out on the baseline to get proper angle, T would have to be disciplined to look off ball. This would expand the 'GRAY' area where there would be more double calls.

In three-whistle, this would be a moot point.