View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 24, 2005, 09:43am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jritchie
can't see the lead calling the sideline up to the free throw line extended.....who is watching the post...you have a trail over there to take care of that...i do think they do something like that in women ncaa though, not sure!! i have heard something about it! i've never done it so don't know if it would be better, but doesn't seem like it, because you would have to rely on knowing your partner has switched from sideline to post when you switch from post to sideline... kinda crazy to me!!!!
Well the Women's mechanics has the Trail officials calling in the post when the Lead has the ball outside the post in the Lead's expanded area. Now if you ask me this is why I believe I see many calls in the paint not called very well in the Women's game. It seems like the Lead and the Trail are trying to figure out who has a call and sometimes nothing is called. When I worked Women's basketball for a brief time, it was hard to figure out what your partner was doing in those mechanics. As compared to the Men's mechanics and NF mechanics which gives the Lead much less to do. Even the change a few years from the NF that expanded is not used to the letter by many officials I work with because the Trail has a better look at many plays near the FT line.

Peace