Thread: Act of God
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 21, 2005, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member

Officiating in D.C. was a blast. Most people don't know about the secret Government League. Congress, the Senate, the Supreme Court and the Executive Branch all have Teams. The games are played in the subterrain gym under the White House.

Due to my CIA Work, I was the only Ref with a Security Clearance high enough to blow these games.

The Supreme Court Team use to get killed all the time. They only had 9 Players. The Senate, Congress and the Executive Branch were stacked. One night, Bush Senior asked my advice on how to improve the parity. (Al Gore had spent the night posting up Ruth Bader Ginsburg - I think he had 42 points and 29 rebounds.)

I took Bush aside and said,

"Listen, I told this to Adolph Rupp after Texas Western creamed Kentucky in '65. #1, lose the Adolph - it reminds eveybody of Hitler. And #2, lighten up on the racism and get some brothers on the Team or Kentucky won't be able to beat Slippery Rock College in 5 years."

Rupp was deservingly fired before he could take my advice. However, Bush Sr. acted immediately. BANG! Clarence Thomas is nominated to the Supreme Court. A lot of people watched his Nomination Hearings and figured that the Senate was worried about his Conservatism. Baloney! They were just trying to dump him because he's a damn fine point guard and Ted Kennedy was worried that his bad "D" would finally be exposed.

It makes me feel good that my reffing played a big part in effecting some Racial Justice in this country. And, if you think I'm lying...just ask anybody on the Warren Commission. You think they could "SELL" the Single Bullet Call without some help from a top basketball official?