Thread: Act of God
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 21, 2005, 08:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JCrow
You might be right.

I remember the Chamionship Game in the Maximum Security Prison Rec League. These guys were dangerous and the Away Team was always required to wear an ankle shackle & heavy ball to the Home Team's Gym. During warm-ups before the Championship, I noticed that the Away Team was going thru their lay-up drill carrying their ankle balls in one hand.

I went over to the Warden who served as Coach and asked him what was up? He said,

"I forgot the darn keys!"

Knowing that this violated Rule 3-5, I faced a toug decision. Luckily, I know alot about locks from my days working in the Nixon Administration. I wasn't in on Watergate. I was in charge of Nixon's "Enemies List". It was a great gig. It only took about 15 minutes a week and gave me lots of time to work on decipering the Dead Sea Scrolls over at the Smithstonian Institute. I'm pretty good at Ancient Hebrew.

I had to serve 6 months with G. Gordon Liddy. Like I said, I was innocent but John Dean suspected that I was messing around with his wife, Maureen,(gentlemen never tell) and for revenge added my name to the guys he ratted out. While in stir, I met one of the members of the Massachusetts Congressional Delegation that taught me how to pick a lock with a basketball needle.

Naturally, I was able to save the day. The Ayrian Brotherhood Jazz beat the Crips Capitols 99-98 in a rough but well played contest. Both Teams were so pleased with my officiating that they offered me membership in their gangs by something called a "beat-down'.
thanks for the laugh!

David