View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 20, 2005, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Don't agree with what commissioner asks us to do!!!

Coaches box: he started out by saying that we need to start enforceing it better.....so he gives us an example:
Coach A is coaching his team in the first half and wanders down across the center line about 4 ft. from the other coach's box, but "ONLY COACHING HIS TEAM" not saying anything to the refs... Our commish actually said we should stop play, actually go over and let the coach know that he is out of his box and that he needs to do a better job of staying in it, I GUESS A VERBAL WARNING.. then if he doesn't listen to well, you can now T him up for it!!! We have rules in effect for this, but our state commish is actually telling us to go against the rules and give a warning.....and they wonder why it's not actually being enforced... They don't want us to give the T, so why would anyone enforce the rule, they are killing me!!!! He said he has brought this up at there Board rules meeting and i guess they are supposed to vote on it, to see if they can actually get it in the rule book this way, give coach warning first as long as he is coaching and out of the box....2nd time would be T...he did tell us whether they are in or out of box and acting unappropriately T them immediately.... Do you think this would be a good idea??