Thread: Phil Cuzzi...
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 17, 2005, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

I love when people get down on the MLB umpires! Well to kcs_hiker and those who agree with him, let me ask you some questions.

Have you ever blown a call?

Have you ever second guessed yourself?

Now while you answer these questions let me add to them:

What level of ball do you call?

And when you blow a call or second guess yourself:

Are your spectators numbered on one hand or are you umpiring in from of millions?

As I thought, most of you have a hand full of people watching your games. Sometimes, the players out number the spectators, don't they?

Some of you only hear the groans of LL mommies and daddies. Some of us went a bit farther and officiate High School and NCAA.

The point is this. A very high percentage of us will never see an MLB field except to be a spectator at a game. You cannot compare your umpiring experiences to that of a MLB umpire in the hopes of judging him. They, the players and the Game itself are on a different plane then any of us could hope to be on.

Another thing, I don't know about you, but my satellite provider does not mike the dugout or home plate area, so how can any of you know what was really said. It seems that many of you rely on the announcers who are guessing themselves.

Do us all a favor, umpire your level and when you can do as good a job as an MLB umpire, go to school and let's see if you can make the grade.