Thread: Phil Cuzzi...
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 17, 2005, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PeteBooth
Originally posted by jicecone

Well it is quite obvious that you "know" less about umpiring than you think. What is this, "I don't think it's intentional" bullcrap? If you had ANY clue whatsoever, you would know that if the umpire is thinking about the last pitch or any other pitch, their not getting ANY of them correct. Especially at the MLB level.

Jicecone, it appeared to me that the strike call on the 3-1 pitch to Edmunds was INTENTIONAL. The reason I say that is that pitch didn't appear to be even questionable and Cuzzi was taking a lot of "crap" from LaRussa as well as some of the other Cardinal Players all game long. Also, LaRussa was shooting his mouth off about the umpiring the previous day. Apparently both LaRussa and Edmunds didn't get the message.

You would think that after Cuzzi threw out LaRussa and he called the 3-1 pitch to Edmunds a strike, that Edmunds would have got "the message" and knew what was going on and simply said nothing and get ready for the 3-2 pitch.

It's typical LaRussa blame everyone but himself and his players. The Cardinal hitters are 2 for a million with runners in scoring position.

Pete Booth
Don't have a problem with "intentional" Peter, I have had to utilize that form of getting a message across myself, in some games.

My point, was the implication that umpires make calls because of some subliminal reason that no one can explain, as kcs_hiker was trying to imply here.