Thread: Phil Cuzzi...
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 17, 2005, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mattmets
The pitches were not in the same spot. The pitch to Edmonds was clearly much closer to the plate than the one to Berkman was. Also, I would love to know how everyone here claims that Phil ran over like a bat out of hell and started yelling at LaRussa, without knowing what Tony said. We have no idea what kind of names/language came out of that dugout. Phil does. I highly doubt he's running around in the LCS looking for people to throw out.
I disagree on the pitch location. I thought they were both up and in...

LaRussa needed to be tossed. In fact, I suspect that was his whole purpose in going out there. He was hoping to rattle Cuzzi and get the next call... which he did on ball three to Edmonds.

I think Cuzzi was a bit rattled... he blew the ball three call, and then blew the next pitch as well. Edmonds WAS stupid, and out of character as well, and after reading what he apparently said, deserved to be tossed. I think the Cardinals cannot believe that they are on the brink of elimination because they can't buy a hit in a critical situation... and are letting their frustration get the better of them.

And I apoligise for mentioning that I have been in and around the game for a number of years. Apparently that raises red flags with some of you other guys that have been in and around the game for a number of years.