Thread: Phil Cuzzi...
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 17, 2005, 08:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kcs_hiker
tossing Edmonds?? It seemed obvious to me that Cuzzi blew the previous pitch which had been a strike all night... and was performing the classic 'make-up' call.

I know I know, professional umpires don't do make-ups... I don't believe it. I don't think it's intentional, it's just a matter of realizing you blew the last pitch, so the next pitch that's even close be a strike. For that matter, I thought he could've called a swinging strike... which would've taken the pressure off a bit.

Still, Cuzzi lost his cool a bit.. he shouldn't have tossed Edmonds. Edmonds is a classy guy who I've almost never seen argue with a call...

All that said, the Redbirds are choking it away yet again. Too old, too injured seems to be the theme this year.
Well it is quite obvious that you "know" less about umpiring than you think. What is this, "I don't think it's intentional" bullcrap? If you had ANY clue whatsoever, you would know that if the umpire is thinking about the last pitch or any other pitch, their not getting ANY of them correct. Especially at the MLB level.

What is this subliminal unintentional disease you are talking about?

I am totally amazed how one's fingers can type thoughts that a normal mind couldn't even comprehend.!!!!!!!!!!!!