Thread: 20-year hiatas
View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 15, 2005, 10:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BillA
Thanks for the reply.

I guess my question is, foul balls go every wich way. I dont see any protection on the arms, elbows and/or throat. I there a technique?

btw- I live in Lake Orion, Michigan ("where living is a vacation" or so sais the sigh on Laperr Road
First of all Bill , you will never get the same protection that the outside protector(OP), provided. The fact that some, didn't think it looked cool, (when it fact it is much cooler on hot days than an inside prtector) and that it was cumbersome for others seemed to be it's demise. Then there were those that just weren't talented enough to hold the OP and there indaclickercounter and be able to pull a ball out of there bag. Either way, it's not used that much anymore and good thing, because just think of all the different colors that would be coming out each year because it didn't match the most recent outfit of the year.

I am not adverse to change, in fact change is good, some times it is just amusing how things come around.

Enough of me blabbing. Get a good mask with a throat protector and a vest that offers good neck, collarbone, shoulder and upper protection. Develope a a comfortable stance that offers maximum view of the strike zone and protection against foul balls, and keep your body square and upright to the pitch at all times, and you will probably be fine. This affords you maximum protection with the equipment your wearing.There are 101 different vests on the market, so your gonna have to decide what works for you.

Will you still get hit on the arms and elbows? Yes. Not often but, yes. Your other alternative is , Stick with the Balloon.

Good luck.