View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 13, 2005, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
For those of you who remember a previous thread regarding two local HS basketball coaches - here is an update from today's local newspaper.

Kathleen Erickson is due to go to trial Nov. 15 on three counts of delivering a controlled substance to a minor, two counts of second-degree sexual abuse and two counts of third-degree sexual abuse involving a teenage girl she had coached. Kathleen was a volunteer asst. girls coach and a paid track and field coach.

Ken Johnson, a HS teacher and head girls basketball coach, is now the subject of a criminal investigation. The school district received a complaint on Sep. 12 that Johnson "had violated professional standards" and the district reported it as required by Oregon law to the police.

As I have said before, I have known Ken for many years and it is staggering to me that he might be involved in anything untoward. I have met Kathleen in her capacity of coaching but do not "know" her.

Neither the police or the school district will say if the two investigations are related. They both coached at the same school and Johnson technically was Erickson's supervisor.

Juulie also knows Ken and both of us have officiated in a summer league he organized.
Other than being incredibly dis-organized, Johnson is a great guy, and I still can't imagine what he would have been involved in that would be criminal. As Tim says, time will tell.