View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 13, 2005, 02:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust

I'd guess his logic is to have all the officials look the same. Those that go patent leather do so for several reasons. Some just want to stand out. I think patent leather could be fine if all officials in an association have them but the avaialbility of brands/styles is too low to get a good fit for everyone. Non-patent leather shoes come in a lot more varieties.
Officials will never look exactly the same. Some are taller, some are shorter, some are skinny, some are bigger. So long as they all wear a regulation uniform and everything is clean and professional, who freakin' cares? (well, other than this assignor with too much time on his hands) I have both patent leather and non-patent shoes. I don't call my partners to make sure we all have the same shiny-ness to our shoes or that we are all wearing beltless pants or whatever. Just plain silly.

Z
Agree. If they shoes are so different as to stand out its not really a "uniform". I don't think it a big deal, just offering a possiblity for what that assignor might be thinking.