View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 11, 2005, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry to say but we're all has beens ...

Quote:
Originally posted by greensabre91
hello, first off i am a freshman in high school and in the school junior varsity baseball team. my first plan was to be a pitcher but that plan quickly fell apart when i saw some of the competition. then i saw the catcher spot was pretty much mine to lose so i am making it my goal to win that spot. i have past experience catching for pitchers for basically warmup but never during an actual game. i come here because i know alot of you are catchers past and preasent and i would love to pick your brains to put a good impression to my coaches and teammates. any and all tips are very appreciated.
This is an umpiring web forum so most of us might have caught many moons ago, but now we are relegated to watching others try to catch.

The reason I say that is as a veteran umpire of 25+ years, I can count on one hand the number of "great" catcher's that I've called.

Now if you want to know about how to catch from an umpires' perspective we've got the info, but you'll have to go somewhere else for the basics.

Start with a good camp, and just remember the umpire is always your friend.

Thanks
David