View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 06, 2005, 10:56pm
Official Forum Member

BB,
I know exactly how you feel. I am finding I think way too much about should I have issued the card. I was the same way in baseball until the light came on one day. This is how much I will allow. Anything after that is evoking my " wrath ".
In your sitch, I would have warned the coach to remain seated at the time of the incident - not later on. The laughter would have brought the Yellow Card immediately to reinforce to her and her athletes that you are serious and you will enforce the rules. She is sending a poor message to her athletes and you are helping the officials who do her next match by teaching her to respect the rules of the game and the Officials who enforce them.
I agree with Andy in most everything he stated. I have not known Andy before this so I can only speak for this post - which seems to be right on.
I agree with McBear as well. She is usually right on in her approach and I have learned a great deal from her advice already in the short time I have been officiating Volleyball.
Sheffield Lake, Ohio