Old Mon Oct 03, 2005, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: item 11

Quote:
Originally posted by Grail
Quote:
Originally posted by assignmentmaker
Regarding:

"11) The inbounding player does not have a plane restriction, but has five seconds to release the ball and it must come directly onto the court. The ball can always be passed into the backcourt during a throwin. This situation is not a backcourt violation."

I think it would be useful to add - assuming I have stated this properly . . .

A player catching a throw-in pass while in the air may contact the frontcourt initially and subsequently make a legal landing that includes contact with the backcourt.
I don't believe this is correct. A player receiving an inbounds pass may catch the ball in the air, having left the ground in the front court, and then land in the back court. Once they touch the front court, they have established the ball as front court and may not go back court.
Hi. This is Jurassic's lil' brother, Pleistocenic (hehe, just kidding). 9-9-3 sez a defensive player "may jump legally from his/her frontcourt, secure control of the ball with both feet off the floor and return to the floor with one or both feet in the backcourt. The player may make a normal landing and it makes no difference whether the first foot down is in the frontcourt or the backcourt."