View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 28, 2005, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Hi, This is my first season as an official and I'm working JV, Jr. High and Pee Wee games. Some look at the games as not that important cause the kids are just learning but I try to take it serious because I remember not too long ago taking all those games seriously myself.
Today I had my first game where I left the game feeling just a bit off. I got caught up at work and rushed to get to the game on time. I felt uncomfortable the whole 1st quarter. I was the line judge and I felt myself letting myself get caught in the action...too close, field of vison to narrow...just totally uncomfortable. Coaches are yelling at me for blocks in the back I'm not seeing. Just unnerving. I finally gathered my wits got myself under control and started seeing what I was getting yelled at for and I called it twice and then it stopped happening. But the fact I possibly missed so many calls, I just felt uneasy after I got home.
I don't really have a question or anything and I'm really not sure what I'm expecting anyone to respond to this post other than maybe it's normal to feel nervous, anxious and such. And how bad I felt when I got home....well I'm gonna just write it off as a bad game and hopefully I won't have too many of them...but gosh I feel horrible.