View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 28, 2005, 01:43am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by refTN
1) Jurassic if the defender is the player I am going to T up, then if the defense rebounds I T immediately. If it is the offense that rebounds and is going right back up for a shot, I will wait till they score. In college, I believe, if you don't wait you have to go the AP and that is ridiculous when you can just wait to see who gets possession, then T. In the NBA if you don't wait, you have a jump ball at the nearest circle, which again is ridiculous. In my eyes it is good game management.

2) As far as the double T goes, I would wait to see who gets the ball here as well because once again you would have to go to the AP, oh wait I guess with the way the team control rule is written you could just give it back to the team who last had control of it which would be horrible. You're not making it fair to the team who was on defense, but had a legitimate chance at a steal.

3) The NBA has two different types of control of the ball: team control and team possession. It is in team control until the ball is deflected by the defense. Once it is deflected there is no team control, but there is still team possession. I personally like this, because if you give a technical during a loose ball and it was last in the possession of team A, and the team possession rule was not in there then the ball would go to the team who last had possession instead of fairly going to the jump ball. If you let one team establish possession and then call the T, you can give the ball to the right team without having the jump ball.
1) That's called "making up your own rules". Good luck to that. We disagree.

2) Again, you're making up your own rules. Again, good luck trying to explain that to a supervisor who's gotta give an explanation of your actions to an irate coach. Also again, we certainly do disagree.

3)A loose ball deflected by the defense remains in team control of the last team to have had player control under both FED and NCAA rulesets too. It's a very big mistake, imo, to try and apply NBA concepts to other rulesets.