Thread: Fall Ball
View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 12, 2005, 08:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
Saturday night- Fairly routine stuff....EXCEPT..one team was a local catholic school, so they had their usual pregame prayer....(I THINK their F coach MIGHT be a nun...)..and then a kid checks her swing on a pitch..EVER so slightly..no more than an inch...and is suddenly on the ground in PAIN, grabbing her front shoulder...and weirder still..after they iced it up..she came back to pitch late in the second game!!! And oh yes, inbetween games, I walked to the local patch of woods for some...'relief'..and walk back..ready to go....except...I dropped my cup somewhere over by my 'watering spot'! Being as it was game time, I sucked it up, and did the game sans codpiece....and after the game taking my buggy over there to shine a light to see if I could find it..which, Thank God, I did....

Sunday- Nothing too unusual...except...I made damn sure I had all the kids line up before we started for a moment of silence for 9/11...especially since this school I was at is RIGHT next to West Point...Also, its funny how you can spot certain things-I was there fairly early, and saw the one team (whom I have never seen before) arriving,picked one kid out, and thought- "THERES a pitcher"- not that she was especially leggy or anything, but there was...SOMETHING....1st game, she played second or something..but sure enough, Guess Who pitched Game 2? And was...GOOOOD....Then her coach tells me...she hasnt pitched in a year and a half!!! Of course...then she had pitched her LL team to the regional finals so....