Thread: A Strange Night
View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 10, 2005, 10:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to grantsrc
Wow-
I had probably one of the best games of my career on Friday. Not close best, but crisp best. Both teams have excellent coaches and what a difference that makes. It's so much easier to work a game that involves teams that are well coached. One team is the defending 6A champ, the other, the perennial powerhouse, is ranked 8th in the Midwest in USA today. Needless to say a lot of attention was put on this game. That's where it stopped. The defending champ was over matched and only scored on a kickoff return for a TD. The powerhouse had them from the beginning.

There are a few things that made it such a crisp and fun game but the one main thing was the head coach on my sidelines. I don't think I've ever laughed as much as I did listening to this guy. He's been around a LONG time and knows his stuff. But what made it enjoyable was that he never took the game too seriously. Didn't hurt that his team was up by 30, but even still he made it fun.

Sorry to hear about some of the unfortunate things that happened in your games this past Friday. I'm sure you'll have games like I did this next Friday, where everything seems to click.