View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 04, 2005, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mikesears
I was working a Jr High game yesterday when the following situation arose.

A is leading by 24 points with about 23 seconds remaining in the first half. Team A is out of timeouts. They tell me they are taking a knee and they do. Both teams begin to leave the field before the clock expires. Team A then rushes back to the line with team B still leaving the field and Team A is seeking to get a cheap score by running another play. I hadn't blown the ready for play and there were about 12 seconds left. I chose to NOT blow the ready for play and I let time expire for the first half by standing over the ball with the clock running. (B was totally confused and they would have never gotten the proper players on the field and they were also out of timeouts).

At the various levels, I am curious as to how you all would handle this. I know college rules support preventing this tactic. Would you do this at a high school varsity game?
At no level will I let a team get away with this.

NCAA, rule changes in the last 2 years would take care of it.

NF, my mind is escaping me on the rule so help me out. What rule states that A cannot use verbage or movements which indicate to team B that a snap is not immenent.

You could also go with 9-9-3 which states cannot make a "travesty of the game."