View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 02, 2005, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

HS game last night...Haven't had the chance to look up the rule or contact my state interpreter yet. Need feedback on the following:

Team A playing with a libero. All available subs have been in the game. Player #2 injures her ankle and cannot continue. She has not been subbed for in the game. I allow the libero to enter the game as a substitute for #2. I tell the coach that she can no longer be the libero for that game. I also request that she change to a jersey that matches her team. She has been wearing the dark jersey and her team has been wearing the white. She does not have her white jersey. The team has two players sitting on the bench that are injured and not playing, but are wearing their team jerseys with jeans. These two players are both listed on the roster with their jersey numbers. I have the former libero and one of the injured players switch jerseys for the remainder of the game.

Questions:

1. Was allowing the libero to be an exceptional sub correct or should it have been one of the other bench players who had already been in the game?

2. Does the libero have to change jerseys to match her teammates?

3. If so, was allowing her to switch with one of her injured teammates proper?

Thanks for the feedback.

Unrelated question: When the libero was in the game, team A would often pass the ball to her behind the attack line where she would jump and attack the ball. In my judgement, the ball was not above the height of the net when it was attacked by the libero, but because it was happening so far from the net, it was difficult to judge. Does anybody have any "tricks" to help judge the relationship between the ball and the net when the ball is attacked from behind the attack line?