View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 28, 2001, 04:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tweets
Wink Flags

I have asked around AZ since my original post and it seems that a lot of guys have the "let's get on with life" attitude. It kind of makes me feel like a goofball for planning to put one on my stripes. My partner would wear one too, if I do though, so at least we'd match. It's almost like basketball season is too far ahead to be thinking about it and everyone is thinking this will have all worn off one month from now. It is kind of discouraging but then if it's not cool then I guess you can color me dorky. To me its not just "YEAH I'm proud to be an American look at how patriotic I can be". It's more of a way to pay respects to the victims and show that we are not forgetting, and to set the example to the players, coaches, etc. that there will always be more impotant things. I also got "official" word that we wear it on our left sleeve. what I don't understand is the statement Brian Watson found on not wearing it on athletic uniforms, but I'm probably just having a brain fart. I'm going to interpret that to mean that a jersey should not LOOK like a flag.---Kinda like I joked in the first post about my jersey.
I'm gonna shut up now and get my farting brain some rest, seeing as it is only 2:30 in the morning my time.