View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 27, 2005, 07:02pm
Resident VB Rules Guru

Send a message via AIM to MCBear Send a message via MSN to MCBear Send a message via Yahoo to MCBear Send a message via Skype™ to MCBear
Sorry to disagree, guys, but the rule that uniforms must be worn as the manufacturer intended means that the waist band of the shorts are NOT to be worn rolled down (rolling them down is NOT the way that they were intended to be worn - the players think that they are "cooler" that way or something!!!!).

We were specifically told at our state meetings last year that if the young ladies wish to wear the briefer shorts, they are to have the ones that are manufactured that way. If I see players with the shorts waistband rolled down, I will tell that coach to have the player correct the situation or that player is not going to play because they are in an illegal uniform. I will be a Hard-A** on this one - we are to enforce the uniform rule as it is intended
CIF State Volleyball State Championships Referee (2005), Scorekeeper (2006-2007) & Libero Tracker (2010)
PAVO State Referee (2014) / PAVO Certified Scorekeeper (2014) / PAVO Certified Line Judge (2012)
USAV Junior National Referee (resigned 2013) / USAV National Scorekeeper (2014)