Thread: LLWS CA vs FL
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 26, 2005, 06:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzy6900
I won't waste anymore time with my LL opinions. Go to e-team-sleaze to read them if you want.

All I'm going to say is that what those 6 gentlemen did last night just makes LL umpires look worse than ever.

I've thought about it and I really wish that LL would institute their own, unique uniforms so LL umpires won't wear the same uniforms as we do! It's embarassing even for us on the big diamond!
Ozzy,

For you to continually bash e-teamz here, and then post over 1,150 posts there, don't you think you are a bit of a hypocrite?
Until recently, most of those posts were on the FED/NCAA board from that site.

Quote:
If you don't care for LL, that's cool as I have told you before. But since you are no longer involved with the LL organization, why the crusade to crucify all others who are?
It is probably because the LL'ers invade and take over every board with their stupid garbage. LL umpires and LL coaches even post resolutions on the FED/NCAA side because they can read a rule book. The problem is they eqate everything to LL.

The other reality is LL is not real baseball! It is a training ground for kids, coaches and umpires. I never had a problem with the kids - to them this may be the only baseball they will ever see. But coaches, parents and umpires of LL seem to think that they are equal to MLB. Most of them never even played HS ball! You see it here on this board - LL'ers are the "know it alls" especially the Rats!

My attitude also has a lot to do with personal feelings toward the organization. Let's just leave it with when I played over 40 years ago, it really was a great organization.

Quote:
I work LL games on the big diamond. I have for years. I belong to an association that insists on excellence through training. We meet twice a month from May to August to discuss mechanics and proper rules applications. We meet once a month for the rest of the year. At least 70% of our members work FED games.

There are some that join and show no improvement, but they are weeded out over time. I am just as critical of this years LLWS umpires as anyone else. They DO NOT represent all of us that work LL games, and not all of us that work LL games work small ball.
That's good. I too belong to a 2nd organization that has a LL side. The UIC there trys to train and weed out the bad ones. Those of us from the FED board invite the LL trainees and vets to our sessions for the 90' diamond guys. We set up double scenerios so the LL'ers can see how it should be done on the 60' diamond. But even there, the attitude of the LL'ers rises like the stench of a swamp!

Quote:
I guess I am asking you to consider not throwing all LL umpires into the same boat.

Tim.
Point taken.