View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 25, 2005, 12:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BLydic
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
The key says yes, but 3-4-9 seems to say that the logo or mascot should be ok, as long as it's above the number (which the apex of the neckline is, I think).
The one point I took notice of, in regard to 3-4-9, is that the paw, halo, crown or star needs to be on an identifying name or abbreviation for decorative emphasis, not as a standalone item. IOW, it must accompany the team name which needs to be above the number ... if I'm making any sense.

But, in case 3.4 Situation A, interp. seems to allow a mascot below the number while the team name is above.
The stand-alone star or decoration above the number is a gray area. 3-4-9 doesn't really address it. So, I can't say for sure that it is legal or illegal. I do agree with BLydic that if the decorative item appears with a written name, it needs to be above the name, if above the number, and below the name, if the name is under the number.

The casebook play 3.4 Sit A specifically permits the SCHOOL NAME above the number and the mascot NAME below the number in part (c). It says nothing about decorative items.

Chuck, I think that 3-4-9 is a poorly written rule and this is a poorly worded question, but I believe the shirt in question would be legal.

My other answers are:
#1 The try is worth two points.
#3 You are right. Charge the double foul and then continue the game with the second FT as normal with players lined-up along the lane.