View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 24, 2005, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Our IAABO board uses old IAABO tests as homework for our new applicants class. My job this summer is to go through the last 5 years' worth of tests and make sure that all the answers on the key are correct, given recent rule changes. So here are a few questions that I was unsure about. Maybe you guys/gals can clarify them. (There will be more; that's why this thread is "part 1".) BTW, I'm looking for HS/FED answers here.

#1) A1's three-point try is on its upward flight when A-2, located inside the three-point arc, touches the ball. Ball enters the basket. Officials award team A 2 points. Is the official correct? My answer key says no, but it has to be correct, doesn't it? 5-2-1

#2) Team A's shirts have an abbreviation, logo or mascot at the center or apex of the neckline of the game jersey. Official informs the coach that these items may not be worn in that location. Is the official correct? The key says yes, but 3-4-9 seems to say that the logo or mascot should be ok, as long as it's above the number (which the apex of the neckline is, I think).

#3) While A-1's first of two FTs is in flight, a double personal foul is called. The FT is unsuccessful. Official awards A-1 his 2nd FT with no players on the lane and then uses the AP procedure to resume play. Is the official correct? I think this year's rule change makes the official wrong here. With the double personal we go to the POI, which is the 2nd FT. So line 'em up and shoot it, right?