View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 24, 2005, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
Quote:
Originally posted by crack-it
I was in a 3 man crew and had just given out a T for the home team coach. I forgot to inform him of the seat belt rule and he remained standing up, vocal, and animated. once i realized i hadn't informed him i asked my partner, the "R" for that game to explain the seat belt rule as i didn't want to make things worse by walking over to him. I watched as my partner went and talked to him. A few minutes elapsed and the coach was back up and again animated. At the next break in action I told my partner that i couldn't believe that i was going to have to toss him. That's when my partner told me that he didn't give the seat belt speech but instead told the coach that he would allow him to stand and coach his team but he wasn't to get out of hand...

My partner has been calling longer. How would you handle? Comments?
Back when you gave the T, it wasn't your responsibility to tell the coach to sit and stay. I'd tell R that's the rule and not really there for us to discern. What does he plan to do when the visiting coach wants to know why the home coach is back up? IMO, your R is asking for trouble and we'd have a serious talk in the locker room. Maybe he can teach you something valuable about not applying the rule (said with sarcasm).
Agreed, Chris is right here, not your job to inform, T him up, report and go opposite. Let the new offfical coming table side take care of it and any other issues at the table.