View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 10:23pm
Official Forum Member

I like this one off of that site.

Davis' Law
F = (D x R)I Davis' Law is a formula which computes visual acuity. It states that a clear view of any Foul is equal to the product of the Distance from the fan to the play, times his Rooting interest in a particular team raised to the power of his utter Ignorance of football rules.
This ingenious formula is expressed thus:

F = (D x R)I
Davis' Law explains why the runner's excited father at the farthest end of the top bleachers on the far side of the field could so clearly perceive that the defender maliciously grasped his son's face mask when making the tackle, while the trained official a mere three feet away saw nothing. Note how the fact that the son was facing away from Dad at the time does not factor into the formula.

Do not rely upon Davis' Law. It is bad math. Rely on this: The guy in the striped shirt three feet away had a much better view than you did. He is trained. He is impartial. He is doing a better job than you could. Do not make his call.

Do not rely upon Davis' Law. It is bad math. Rely on this: The guy in the striped shirt three feet away had a much better view than you did. He is trained. He is impartial. He is doing a better job than you could. Do not make his call.