Thread: Interference?
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 10, 2005, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Cool

I guess I should have made my question a little more clear.

As the BR advanced toward 1st., he simply discarded the bat toward his own on deck circle with no intention of interfering. I saw him look up at the ball after he hit it, so I knew he had some idea as to where the ball would drop or be caught.

He did not discard the bat at the spot where the play was going to happen, he simply tossed it toward the on deck area, and the bat took an unusual spin and rolled to the point where the play was going to be made.

Although I felt the BR knew the approximate area where the ball could land, it did not look like he directed the bat to that location, so no intent. But, I did feel that he could have certainly made a better effort to discard the bat away from any possible play, as he had plenty of time to do so.

I judged this as "willfull indifference" on his part. My question is, did I call this right by using the logic that in this situation his indifference to the outcome of where the bat would land, caused interference, and by that act alone, was I right in calling him out?

Tim.