View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 09, 2005, 12:01pm
Official Forum Member

We were going to allow it, but coach wanted to protest and the protest committee said it was okay.

I guess if I was the coach I'd send my pitcher and team out with white long-sleeved undershirts. When someone tried to complain I'd point out that the rules don't prohibit it, and in fact that it meets the rule, and I'd remind them that they allowed something that IS prohibited.

It would be worth the protest fee just to hear their convoluted response.

For lurkers, the rules read:

a) (1) All players on a team shall wear uniforms identical in color, trim and style, and all players uniforms shall include minimal six inch numbers on their backs. (2) Any part of an undershirt exposed to view shall be of a uniform solid color for all players on a team. Any player other than the pitcher may have numbers, letters, insignia attached to the sleeve of the undershirt. (3) No player whose uniform does not conform to that of his teammates shall be permitted to participate in a game.

b) n/a

c) (1) Sleeve lengths may vary for individual players, but the sleeves of each individual player shall be approximately the same length. (2) No player shall wear ragged, frayed or slit sleeves.