View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 08, 2005, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jicecone
I am not supporting or critiqueing his works however, in all fairness he does explain what he meant by the statement above. You may want to, (and I know its going to kill you) finish reading the article.

Just trying to get the call right here.
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Ives
The topic, though not well defined I'll admit, seems to be catcher's obstruction, in which case Rollie is righjt.
I don't think so. Here is a quote of the whole paragraph:

Quote:
Go back to my June 21st article, "The Streak." Here's something I have found to be a helpful addition. Obstruction's penalty in high school and college is a "delayed dead ball." Play continues. If all runners, including the batter runner gain at least one base, ignore the penalty. They are all "born again!"
1. Rollie references an article named "The Streak." That article is annonyingly hard to read with its references to dead, delayed dead, pre dead, unborn, fetus, live, pre born, child, living child, delayed live, still live, and born. (Yes somehow all of those things are supposed to have something to do with obstruction.) Well that whole article is about obstruction. Rollie syas that he would like to add something to that article, an article about obstruction.

2. Why did he use the term "obstruction" instead of "catcher's obstruction", "catcher's interference", or "catcher's obstruction/interference."

3. If he was talking about catcher's obstruction, why did he say that NF and NCAA are like on the issue, but leave out the OBR? It is delayed dead with the same penalty and NF and NCAA.

4. He was correct in saying all obstruction in NF and NCAA play is delayed dead. He then messed up the penalty.

And I did read the whole article.