Thread: lesson learned
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 05, 2005, 03:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to coachsara Send a message via Yahoo to coachsara
Thumbs down

I doubt many of you have heard about IBSA. It is a new "organization" that was formed by a man in Kentucky. He decided he wanted to have his first ever world series tournament in AR.
The national chairman of IBSA got with one of the umpires here in AR to assemble a crew for the week. I was part of that crew.
On 7/23 he wrote me a check for my games for the week. On 7/26 the check-along with 9 other umpires' checks-bounced. The man closed the account saying that a sponsor backed out on him. So in reality, when this check was written, the money wasn't even there to begin with.
He never once bothered to call any of us here in AR and we found out about this only yesterday as all of us received notices from our respective banks that this amount has been debited back to our accounts. I'm out $300 but some folks are a lot worse off than me.
Needless to say next time I will cash the check and deposit the cash rather than letting this happen again. I'm single and live alone-not to mention get paid only once a month. $300 is a lot of money to me.

Sorry to vent but this really upset me.